Wednesday 16 September 2009

Snapshot.

I just finished everything on my list, so I actually get to blog two nights in a row. SHOCKING.

I guess I'll give a bit of a recap in order to bring you up to speed.

Frosh week is now over; I think this year's frosh are a good bunch, but a surprisingly sober group. I think this is totally bizarre. My floor is a quiet one and so far, I'm the loudest. Sorry neighbours! Normally I'm quiet too, but now and then the party moves up here and there's not much I can do.

Not that I'm complaining. This is basically the best living situation I've ever had. I was very trepidatious about moving back into res while my friends moved off campus, but every day I realize how perfect this is for me. I hate to say it, but my friends were right; living with my friends is a terrible idea. I'm a grouchy, grumpy type and I like my space. A lot. Sharing a bathroom is hard for me, which is probably why I always showered at weird times last year, when I knew most of my floor wasn't around. This year I have my own bathroom.

Oh yeah... my suite is epic. Such is the major perk of being President of my residence - the suite. Complete with walk-in closet, as previously mentioned. My shower is five steps from my bed. Five. I barely even need to stand before getting in the shower in the morning. And I don't have to wear flip flops and I could even take a bath if I wanted to. Such luxury!

The room gives me the best balance of having my own place and living with others. It is residence; I live in a community of 280 students, so the place is usually bumping if I'm looking for something to do. I've mostly been spending time with dons, however, and my friends off campus. Don't worry, friends! I'm not completely Quad-bound. I'm just comfortably entrenched, for the most part.

As all of my extra-curriculars gear up at once, I'm exhausted 24/7 and mostly stressed from when I wake up until I go to sleep. And I only have class readings, no assignments yet. I'm going to have to figure out how to balance all this... and my two, possibly three jobs. Am I crazy? Maybe I'm crazy.

Well, now I'm going to try to get ahead on my readings. Phil is rolling into town for a brief visit this weekend and I am not going to get any schoolwork done.

1 comment:

LB said...

I think you're crazy! But sometimes being busy is much, much better than doing nothing! I hope you can fit in a half hour for sleep somewhere in there! :P