Wednesday 23 September 2009

This is a theme-less update post

Today was a perfectly regular day. And I've been behind on posting, so I thought I'd post it day-in-the-life style.

I woke up for breakfast, which I do as often as I can. Most mornings I make it, if I haven't been up late being ridiculous. Which, you know, happens. This is college. Anyway, eggs over-easy and tater tots are the best ever. Plus grapefruit and tea. When there are no tater tots or I'm feeling guilty, I have a piece of whole grain toast instead.

Next I needed to get some reading done from a very dry book called "The Scientific Revolution: A Historiographical Enquiry". Oh the joys of the History of Science and Technology Programme. On my way to the library, I ran into a friend in his fifth year and, after catching up, we headed off for a study date.

I complete only half my reading before class and after an hour of that nonsense (JOKES. It was actually very interesting) I grabbed a greasier lunch than I should have, waved to friends in the Wardroom, and ran to my AMAZING Narrative Nonfiction course which was, as always, amazing. We talked about telling stories and watched a scene from Pulp Fiction. What is more fun than discussing story-telling for two hours?

I'm in the Classics in the Quad production in 10 days, so I tried to do some memorizing but got distracted by a friend and ended up spending time with her and then was foiled in my second attempt to work by running into Saf at front desk. Finally, work un-done, I changed into a skirt and ran to Chapel for Evensong.

Evensong is the service with tons of singing and is very chill and usually a small gathering. I haven't actually made it to Chapel much this semester - in fact Evensong tonight was the first time. I didn't go at all last year, with the exception of Holy Week and Easter, but I love the Chapel and want to go more. It's a beautiful space and I always feel better after going. I've been in a good mood ever since.

Dinner was the usual salad with tuna and then I had play rehearsal. I have managed to memorize one line successfully. It's a long road to memorizing all of the chorus Strophe lines. AH. Wish me luck. Also, speaking in unison is hard.

Now I'm here, working part of a shift on front desk. Isn't my day exciting? Not really, I know. But I do keep busy, which is why blogging is falling behind. I'll keep up as much as I can! But it may be more like this than the deep, thought-provoking stuff.

No comments: