Monday 22 March 2010

No more research paper!

3500 words later, I’m still feeling a little drained.

Well, the current drained feeling probably has more to do with staying out late on a Sunday night, which, incidentally, is a stupid night to party. I knew that. It’s obvious. But it has never been more obvious to me than right now.

After a night of shenanigans, which left our host’s house a mess, everyone stumbled out into the night and it feels a lot like we’ve been stumbling ever since then. Over the course of the day, I heard various stories of headaches and confusion (“someone from that party called me at 2am, and didn’t know who he was talking to or why he called”), while I buckled down to polish my essay to a finish. I handed it in at four and felt great.

Felt great until five minutes after I handed it in. I stopped into the KSU office to say hello to a friend, laid down on the couch, and didn’t get up for two hours. Something about the last minute paper mode or adrenaline or whatever, but I didn’t feel it until 4 this afternoon. Then it was brutal.

Luckily, the universe offered me four hours of last minute work and a perfect excuse not to go crazy tonight. I finish my shift at midnight, and maybe I’ll stop by the bar for a quick drink. Nothing too crazy. Very low key. My foggy heads demands it.

No comments: