Monday 25 May 2009

Two day week

At a certain point, you just get totally fed up with being sick.

I've been sick so long, that a full head and an aching chest feel normal.
I've been sick so long, I've gone through two boxes of Kleenex*.
I've been sick so long, I can't see the point in staying home from work.
I've been sick so long, I can only hope I'll be well when I go to Halifax in a month.

Today, work was long and painful, thanks to the cough that won't go away as well as the extra project that was handed to me. Luckily, I only work until tomorrow, then I'm off to Minneapolis on Wednesday morning. The whole family is getting together for my cousin's wedding. He's the first of any of my cousins to get married, the first of the younger generation, and it's Levi. Levi is one of the more wonderful people I've ever met, and I am so happy he's found such a wonderful woman to marry. This week will be full of the kind of crazy that happens when the cousins get together; I forsee Balderdash both drunk and sober. I'm so excited.

Now to get through tomorrow.

No comments: